Co Mai's Soy-Sauce Baked Tofu
Prep time: 20 minutes (+ 6 hours inactive prep time)
Cook time: 3 hours
YOU WILL NEED:· Baking pan
· Saran wrap
INGREDIENTS:· Medium firm or firm tofu
· 2/3 cup light sodium soy sauce
· 2/3 cup cooking oil (olive oil is best)
· 1 dash of five star powder
· 1 tsp seasoning mushroom
· 2/3 cup water
· 1/8 tsp black pepper
STEPS:1. Blanch tofu for 1 minute and drain. (Blanching = plunge into boiling water, remove after a short time interval, and plunge into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process)
2. Slice and layer on bottom of baking pan.
3. Mix soy sauce, oil, five star, mushroom, water, and pepper.
4. Pour water mixture over the tofu and allow it to soak at least 6 hours in the fridge. Cover it with saran wrap. The longer you allow it to soak, the better. Make sure the tofu is submerged or keep basting.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the tofu until all the liquid has evaporated. Keep flipping the tofu so that it does not harden or yellow. Make sure both sides are even. (about 3 hours)